- Query groups records based on shared criteria; for example, Constituency Code equals Board Member or Grade Level equals Ninth
- Query is typically the starting point in a multi-step process.
- Because the query output verifies the correct records are selected, it may display duplicates. Therefore, it is not intended to be used as a reporting or exporting module. For more information, refer to Why are there duplicates in the query results and how to remove them
- Export extracts database fields for all records, selected records (query), or one record.
- Export pulls directly from the records in the database and is not limited to the fields included in the output of the source query (when used).
- Export does not include duplicates.
- Export is the recommended way to export information from the database.