- Create a constituent query of the constituents whose education relationships should be deleted. For example, to query constituents whose education relationship is a specific school, filter the query on Relationships, Education, School Name equals [school].
- Export the education relationship Import ID Fields:
- Create a new constituent export in Comma-Separated Values format.
- On the General tab, include the query from step 1.
- On the Output tab, select Constituent Information, ImportID and Relationships, Education, Import ID.
- Export the file.
- Open the exported file in Excel and change the headers to the following:
Constituent Import ID = Import ID
Education Relationship Import ID = ESRImpID
- Add a column for School Type with the heading ESRType.
- Populate the ESRType column with Defunked as the value.
- Save the spreadsheet.
- Import the education relationships to change their school type to Defunked
- Click Admin, Import.
- Select Education School under the Constituent section.
- On the General tab, select to update existing records, create new table entries, and browse to the import file.
- Import the records to update the school type.
- Download and run the Delete Education Records plug-in to delete education records that have a school type of Defunked.
Contact Support and reference this article.