To group these records together:
- On the Summary tab of the import parameters, select to create an exception file.
- In Query, create a Constituent query using the Specific Record filter .
- Create a Constituent query to pull the appropriate constituents. If you do not have a way to query on them, create a query that might include extra constituents, but you know includes these. Depending on the number of exceptions, you can also select each constituent individually in the query.
- Create a Constituent export and export the import ID, first name, last name, and any other appropriate fields.
- In another program such as Microsoft Access, link the two files together. Note: This is beyond the scope of our support. If you need help with this, contact a qualified computer technician.
- Import the file into The Raiser's Edge.
- Import the file without marking the Use duplicate criteria for new records checkbox.
- Run the Duplicate Constituent Report from Administration, Duplicate Constituents. Select the option to create an output query.