- In Query, click New.
- Select the query type and format, click OK.
- On the Criteria tab, select the appropriate criteria. These are the fields used to narrow down the results. The available fields and options are different for each different type of query. Click Next.
- On the Output tab, select the remaining fields to view the results. These fields do not narrow down the results, but show the related information from the records chosen by the criteria. Click Next.
- On the Sort tab, specify how the records should be sorted. Click Next.
- Review the results and click Save to save the query for later use.
Note: Select Tools, User Options to change the settings for how the results are viewed.