- In the open document, click on Page Layout in the top menu.
- Under Page Layout, click on Margins.
- Select the desired pre-set margins or select Custom to enter values.
- For more information, please refer to Microsoft support article: Set page margins in Word.
For Word 2003 and earlier:
Same settings for the whole document:
- With the document open, select File, Page Setup from the menu bar
- In the Apply To area, select Whole Document to apply the settings to the whole document.
- Place the cursor at the end of the page prior to the one in which to change the page settings
- Select File, Page Setup from the menu bar
- In the Apply To area, select This point forward. (Do not manually insert a page break or Word inserts a blank page.)