- In Records, Transactions, click Add a New Transaction
- Enter the asset number or click the binoculars to search for the asset
- Select Asset disposal from the Transaction type drop-down list
Note: An asset acquisition transaction must be added to the asset before you can add a disposal transactions.
- Enter the disposal price, disposal date and post date
- Enter a disposal price of zero if there was no loss or gain at the time of disposal.
- The disposal date must be later than the last depreciation date and one day prior to the day it will be purged if purging.
- In the Disposal Method field, enter a disposal method or select an option from the drop-down list
- Click Save and Close
Note: You must have defined default disposal loss accounts in Configuration before you can record the disposal transaction.