- In Records, Assets, open the asset record to be disposed
- Select the Activity tab
- Click the small arrow beside "New Period Depreciation" and select New Disposal Transaction
- Note: An asset acquisition transaction must be added to the asset before you can add a disposal transactions.
- Enter the disposal price, disposal date, post status and post date
- Enter a disposal price of zero if there was no loss or gain at the time of disposal.
- The disposal date must be later than the last depreciation date and one day before the day it will be purged if purging.
- If you do not wish to post the transaction, set the post status to do not post
- In the Disposal Method field, enter a disposal method or select an option from the drop-down list
- Click Save and Close
- The Asset will now show as disposed
- Save and Close the Asset
Note: You must have defined default disposal loss accounts in Configuration > Default Accounts before you can record the disposal transaction.