- Want to ensure teachers use supervisor-defined grading scales and marking column calculations? -- If you grant access to an academic year before you require that teachers use only supervisor-defined grading scales and marking column calculations, you can't be sure all teachers are using the correct scales and calculations. Because the teachers had access to the academic year before you set your requirement, they can use their own scales and calculations in Faculty Access for the Web.
- Do teachers need to copy categories, assignments, etc.? -- Teachers cannot copy categories, assignments, grading scales, or marking column calculations from an academic year without access to the year.
- Do calculations include the marking column? -- If a teacher is using a marking column calculation, the teacher must have view and edit rights to all marking columns included in the calculation.
- Want to prevent teachers from changing grades during posting? -- You can restrict teachers from a marking column by removing their Edit rights to prevent them from changing grades while you post them. After posting, you can grant access to the marking column once again.
Try each of the following in order until the issue is resolved:
1. Ensure academic year is activated in for the appropriate academic year
Log in to FAWeb as Supervisor and select Set up academic year access
For the year in question, ensure that the “Grades and Attendance” option is set to “Yes”
2. Ensure the marking column is activated for that academic year
Log in to FAWeb as Supervisor and select Set up marking column access
For the marking column in question, ensure that View and Edit are both marked as “Yes.”
3. Ensure the marking column is marked as graded on the course record
Open The Education Edge and select Records
Select Courses and open the course
Go to the Grading tab and open the academic year
Ensure that the missing marking column has been marked as “graded”
4. Ensure that the correct Academic year has been selected in your Gradebook view.
Log in to FAWeb and select “Settings” from the My Classes bar
Ensure that the correct academic year has been chosen.
If viewing the gradebook in multiple view and marking columns are missing, ensure you are using a supported browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer. Unsupported browsers may cause issues with the grid view of the Gradebook.