- Open Windows Explorer
- Locate the file to be edited or deleted
- Click on the file to select it.
Note: If making a database backup, be sure to select the database backup file and not the live database files. Copying the live database files could cause data corruption.
- Select Edit, Copy from the menu bar
- Browse to the location to place the backup copy of the file. This can be the same directory as the original file.
- Select Edit, Paste from the menu bar. The file is pasted with the name "Copy of <original file name>"
- Rename the file to <original file name>.BAK [a .BAK file extension denotes a BACKUP file]
To restore the original file: