- On the General tab:
- Ensure that the correct date range is selected
- If selecting to Base Report on Fund categories or Campaign categories, ensure that each fund and campaign is assigned to a category. This is located on the General tab of the fund or campaign record.
- If selecting to Base Report on Campaign, ensure each gift that should be included on the report has a campaign.
- On the Section IA, Section IIIA, Section IIIB, Section IV Part 1, Section IV Part 2, and Section IV Part 3 (College only) tabs:
- Select the funds** for each item in the left frame. To do this, in the left frame, select the first option. In the left frame, select the appropriate funds. When finished, select the next option in the left frame and repeat.
- If using a query, ensure that it contains the appropriate funds. If not, update the query so that it does contain the funds or click Include and select All Records.
Note: Restricted and Unrestricted must be defined on the Section IIIA tab. If they are not, all zeroes will print even if all the other tabs are filled out.
- On the Section III and Section IV tabs, select the appropriate constituent codes for each item in the left frame. To do this, in the left frame, select Alumni. In the right frame, select the appropriate codes. Repeat for each item in the left frame.
Note: The report checks to see if the constituent code is valid. If the constituent code on the gift does not fall within the date range of the report, the gift is excluded. To check this:
- Open the gift and select the Miscellaneous tab. Note the constituent code.
- Open the constituent record and select the Bio 2 tab
- Check the date range for the constituent code. Ensure it is blank or falls within the report's date range.
For more information, refer to How does the VSE report process constituent codes (BB65924).
- Ensure that the constituents are not being excluded from the Attributes tab. If attributes are in the Include Records with these Attributes section, ensure each constituent to be included has one of the attributes. If attributes are in the Exclude Records with these Attributes section, ensure that the constituents do not have one of these attributes.
**The choice of what you can select (funds, fund categories, campaigns, campaign categories) is determined by what you selected for the Base Report On option. For simplicity, only 'fund' is used. If you selected another option such as campaigns, substitute that for the word, 'fund' in the instructions above.