- Go to Admin > Security
- Open the specific user group(s) that require restricted rights to the Constituent ID field
- Under Group Privileges, select Records
- Click Options
- Under Record Types, select Constituents (if it is not already selected)
- Under Miscellaneous Constituents Options, scroll down to the bottom of the list and mark or unmark the checkbox for Edit Constituent ID.
In The Raiser's Edge 7.92 and below:
- Hide the constituent ID field
- Configure a salutation that includes the constituent ID and select that salutation to display in the record's title bar
This way the ID can be seen but not edited. Note that the salutation displayed in the title bar is a user option and must be then set up for each user.