Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Education Edge: addnetclassuser.exe: Version 7.77
- Save addnetclassuser.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Education Edge installed.
- Double-click addnetclassuser.exe.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains AddNetClassroomUser.dll and docAddNCUser.vbd.
- Register AddNetClassroomUser.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Education Edge.
- Log into The Education Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Miscellaneous link.
- Click Add NetClassroom User Utility.
- Mark the checkbox and click Update.