Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
1. Create a constituent query of all proposals to be marked inactive.
2. Create a blank Excel document (.CSV format) and save to your computer.
3. Go to Admin, Import, Constituent, Proposal. Include the .csv file from Step 2 by clicking the ellipse button and browsing to blank the .CSV file.
4. Create an import file based on the query in Step 1
- On the fields to export tab choose: Constituent Import ID, Proposal Import ID, Is Inactive, Proposal Name, and Proposal Purpose (and any other field you wish to see).
5. Export by clicking the Create Now button or green exclamation point. This places the data fields into the blank spreadsheet.
Note: All proposals associated with the constituents in the query from Step 1 will be exported. If there are proposals you wish to remain active, you can identify them by the proposal name or proposal purpose, and delete them manually from the spreadsheet.
6. Save the import template in The Raiser's Edge.
7. Open the .CSV file.
8. In the PRIsInactive column, enter TRUE for all rows. (Ensure there are no proposals you wish to remain active)
9. Save and close the .CSV file.
10. Go back to Admin, Import, Proposal to open the import parameter saved in Step 5.
11. Under What do you want to do?, choose to Update existing proposals and choose to use the ImportID radio button.
12. Select the saved CSV file from Step 8.
13. Click Update now.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.