Note: Blackbaud Hosting Services clients should not attempt to upgrade Blackbaud software or software that integrates with Blackbaud software without first consulting Blackbaud Application Hosting Support.
Prior to updating Blackbaud NetCommunity for Foundations parts, carefully review:
Blackbaud NetCommunity for Foundations system requirements.
To update to Blackbaud NetCommunity for Foundations parts 6.10, you must be on Blackbaud NetCommunity version 6.10 including its latest cumulative patch file.
The following instructions are for updating Blackbaud NetCommunity for Foundations parts. For complete installation instructions, including screen shots, refer to the Blackbaud NetCommunity for Foundations Installation Guide (PDF).
Note: Before proceeding with the following instructions, we recommend that you make a valid backup of the Blackbaud NetCommunity database. Performing SQL Server backups is beyond our scope of support. Refer to Microsoft's SQL Server 2005/2008 Books Online , post a question to the Database Administrator/Technical forum, or contact a qualified technical consultant for assistance. Ensure all emails have been sent.
Note: The Blackbaud NetCommunity for Foundations parts package consists of three sets of files. Two sets contain DLLsand the third contains ASCX files. The two sets of DLLs are for Blackbaud NetCommunity and the Raiser's Edge Web Service; the ASCX files are for Blackbaud NetCommunity.
To place the three sets of files, you use two self-extracting files that you download from the Blackbaud website. The files will need to be placed on your Blackbaud NetCommunity services server and your Raiser's Edge web service server.
Warning: If the server setup does not use the default folders, you must change the folders when you update the DLLs and ASCX files. To do this, click Browse when you run the .exe files and select the correct folders. Be sure to place the files in the correct folder and not a subfolder. If you place the files in a subfolder, it causes problems and might cause the server to fail.
- Download the latest file from our website.
- Double-click bbnccf610x.exe
- Select Browse to select a path where you would like to unzip the file.
- Update the Foundation parts:
- Browse to the folder called bbnccf610x and open the folder. There are three files: a readme, bbnccf610x_parts.exe and bbnccf610x_reweb.exe.
- 2. Double-click the bbnccf610x_parts.exe. When you run bbnccf610x_parts.exe, you place files for Blackbaud NetCommunity in C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\NetCommunity on the Blackbaud NetCommunity server. The .exe files place DLLs in the Bin subfolder and ASCX files in the Custom\CFP and Custom\Shared subfolders. To change the default folder, click Browse and select the correct folder.
- Double-click the bbnccf610x_reweb.exe. When you run bbnccf610x_reweb.exe, you place DLLs for the RE Web Service in C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\Raisers Edge WebService\Custom on the RE Web Service Server. To change this default folder, click Browse and select the correct folder.
If you are prompted to replace existing files during the update, click Yes. You will not lose your previous styling and setup.
The install file also contains a zip file (SetupFoundationPortal_6_10_X.zip) which includes the installer (exe) and msi file for an automated install. These files need to be run on the BBNC & RE Web Service machines.