Windows Server 2003 x64:
In order to run Blackbaud NetCommunity on a Server 2003 64-bit operating system, the server with the Raisers Edge WebService (REWS) component installed must be run in 32-bit compatibility mode:
- Add the IUSR_[machine name] anonymous user to the IIS_WPG group in Computer Management
- Follow the steps under ASP.NET 2.0 32-bit Version at the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894435/en-us
Windows Server 2008 x64:
In order to run Blackbaud NetCommunity on a Server 2008 64-bit operating system, the Raisers Edge WebService (REWS) component must be set to run in 32-bit compatibility mode:
- Create a new application pool called Raisers Edge WebService.
- In the Advanced settings of this application pool, set Enable 32-bit Applications to True.
- Add the RE7Service application to the newly created Raisers Edge WebService application pool.