- Create a Consecutive Years Report.
- On the General tab, mark Create output query.
- On the Format tab, highlight detail and enter the minimum number of consecutive years.
- Select all other parameters.
- Preview the report and save the output query.
- Open the output query.
- On the Output tab, select:
- Gifts, Gift Date
- Summary Information, Summary for Gifts, Consecutive Years Given.
- The Edit Field Criteria screen appears. Click OK.
- Save and name the query.
Note:These changes will be saved as a new constituent, dynamic query.
- Create a pivot report.
- Select the Field list Icon:
- Expand the GftConsecutiveYearsGi~ field in the field list by clicking on the plus sign.
- Drag the GftConsecutiveYearsGi~ field to "Drop Row Fields Here".
- Expand the Gift Date Breakdown field in the field list by clicking on the plus sign.
- Drag the Year field to "Drop Columns Fields Here".
- Drag the Constituent Count field to "Drop Totals or Detail Fields Here".
- Click within the constituent count rows.
- Select the Show As button and select Percent of Grand Total.
The overall percentage will be represented by the Grand Total row. This includes all constituents (regardless of the consecutive years given) that was retained. The number of years in relation to the year will depend on the date selected on the General tab of the consecutive years report. In the example above the date range used is last calendar year with 3 as the minimum number of consecutive years. In the report above .44% of donors gave consecutively for 4 years. This includes the years of 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000.
For more information on creating and customizing pivot reports, refer to the The Raiser's Edge & Microsoft Office Integration Guide (PDF).
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.