NOTE: First make sure you are using Microsoft Office in a compatible environment. For information on compatibility information, refer to the System Requirements, available on our website and check the version information in Microsoft Word.
If the program hangs when performing a mail merge:
- Select Alt+Tab on your keyboard (hold down Alt and press Tab one at a time) until the Word icon is selected.
- Release all keys on the keyboard. This message becomes the active message.
- Click Yes to the prompt to complete the merge.
- Open your saved Donor Acknowledgment Letters (or other Mail parameter that has a conditional mail merge set up).
- Minimize the Raiser's Edge and any other open windows so that Donor Acknowledgement Letters is the only window open on your desktop.
- Drag the Donor Acknowledgement Letters window as far to the left of your monitor as possible, leaving the Merge button visible.
- Click the Merge button.
- When it appears, update the confirm file location window if necessary, and then drag it to the lower right corner of the screen, leaving the OK button visible.
- Click the OK button.
- If you receive the prompt "The file [Filelocation\filename] already exists, do you wish to overwrite it", drag the prompt to the lower right corner so that the Yes and No buttons are visible.
- Click Yes to overwrite. Clicking No will return you to the confirm file location window.
- When you receive the prompt, "Do you want to mark the gifts included in this run as "Acknowledged"?", drag the prompt to the lower right corner so that the Yes and No buttons are visible.
- Click either Yes or No depending on whether or not you want to mark the gifts as acknowledged.
- When the Microsoft Word prompt "Opening this Document will run the following command: SELECT *FROM 'MAIL DATA' Data from your database will be placed in this document. Do you wish to continue?" appears, click Yes to complete the merge.