- Force users to change their passwords on a regular schedule. To enable go to Config> Business Rules> System Access Option. Check the 'Enable password expiration' box and select how many days a password should expire, and how many days before expiration to prompt users to update their password.
Note: If a user's password has expired, a Supervisor or Administrator at the user's organization must reset the user's password for them.
- Lock users out of the database if they enter an incorrect password (x) times. Specify how many minutes a locked user must wait before attempting to login again. To configure this feature go to Config, Business Rules, Account lockout options. Specify a value between 1 and 6 for how many times a user can enter an incorrect password before being locked out. Enter a value greater than 1 specifying how long the locked out user must wait before attempting to login again.
Note: If a locked out user requires Raiser's Edge access before the specified time has expired, a Supervisor or Administrator at the user's organization must reset the user's password for them.
- New passwords must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 8 characters (no longer than 50 characters)
- Must contain both an upper case and lower case letter
- Must also contain at least one number or special character
- Must not match any of the previous four passwords used
- Passwords are case sensitive
- The update to The Raiser's Edge 7.91 changes passwords to all capital letters (e.g., "PASSWORD1" instead of "password1"). If you do not change your password, you will need to continue using all capital letters to log in. After logging in, we recommend users immediately change their password by selecting Edit, Change Password from The Raiser's Edge menu bar.
Note: Any new users created after the update to The Raiser's Edge 7.91 will not need to enter their passwords in all capital letters when logging in for the first time.
- These password changes do not apply to Windows Authentication users.
- If you are in the Blackbaud Hosting Services environment, your Hosting passwords will not be affected by this change. These password changes are specific to The Raiser's Edge application only.