The Remove Invalid Dashboards plug-in deletes all dashboards where the user no longer exists.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Financial Edge:
Plug-in name Use with version Remove_Invalid_Dashboards.exe 7.77
- Save Remove_Invalid_Dashboards.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Financial Edge installed.
- Double-click Remove_Invalid_Dashboards.exe.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is
C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains RemoveDash.vbd
- Register RemoveDash.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Financial Edge.
- Log into The Financial Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click Miscellaneous
- Click the Remove Invalid Dashboards link.
- Follow the prompts.