The error will appear due to one or more of the following:
- Incorrect username/password combination being used.
- Incorrect ResearchPoint link being used to access client ResearchPoint database.
- User password has expired after 90 days.
- The User name is over 20 characters
- The Username has been made inactive - this occurs after 180 days of not being used
Try the following until the issue is resolved:
- Put in the correct username/password combination. If you do not know what this is, have your ProspectManager reset this information. (BB607712)
- Note: If the user name is over 20 characters type in the first 20 characters of the name. There is a character limit.
- Ensure correct link is being used to access ResearchPoint. For clients this would be the following: https://login.blackbaudondemand.com/?SiteID=(put in site ID here, after the equal sign).
- Go to https://login2.blackbaudhosting.com
Note: You may also reach this page by clicking on the 'Forgot Username or Password' link on the ResearchPoint login screen.
- Log in with the ResearchPoint user name and password you have.
- If the password is expired, you will immediately be prompted to change the password.
- Enter a new password that meets minimum requirements (BB533487) and save the changes.
- Attempt to login to ResearchPoint again
- Have the Prospect Manager re-add the user to the program (if the account has not been used in 180 days, it is removed).