Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing (BB73785).
- Create a data file with at least these required fields
- Record Import ID (or Record ID)
- Last Name/Organization Name
- Student Financial Aid Application Academic Year
- Import the data file using the following parameters:
- Import Type: Record
- What do you want to do?: Update existing records
- What file do you want to import?: Browse to the import file and use Record Import ID (or Record ID) to match records in the import file with existing records.
- What is the format of this import file?: Delimited – Characters separate the fields
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file.
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file.
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Education Edge Field column.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.