- Ensure that we have both canonical names configured on the same web site in IIS.
- Access the URL Rewrites plug-in in the site dashboard.
- Select Add Rule
- Scroll down in the window of available options, and select the canonical name that will be the main URL.
- If you want the www to always appear in the URL, select www.example.com. If you do not want the www in the URL, select example.com.
- Click ok, and you will see the CanonicalHostName1 rule created. Double click if you would like to view the parameters.
- To test, open your web browser. If you used www.example.com as your main URL, type example.com in the address bar and hit enter. You should see the URL change to www.example.com. If you used example.com as the main URL, typing www.example.com and pressing enter should change the URL to example.org. If you use a tool such as Fiddler or Firebug, you'll see the 301 Moved Permanently response, followed by a request for the main URL.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.