Sphere Support can create a sub domain that will be enabled for all events. Once created, it can be applied to multiple events when creating the web friendly urls.
After purchasing the domain, Chat with Support and reference this article.
Please include the following information:
- What event needs to be edited? Please include the event name and its corresponding url.
- What is the desired sub domain that you purchased?
- Do you have a CNAME created by Blackbaud for your site? If so, what is it?
Support will request a CNAME from our Network team, if one has not previously been created for you (it is a requirement for redirects; however the same CNAME can generally be used for each new Friendly URL). This process can take up to 4-7 business days. Once the CNAME has been created, please modify your DNS (or contact your DNS host and request to have this done) to include 2 entries in your DNS Zone file that point to Sphere:
1. The first entry will be an "A record" for the domain root with nothing in front of it (no www, i.e. _________.org). This "A record" must point to the following IP address: 22.214.171.124.
2. The second entry will be a "CNAME" for the www._______.org record. This CNAME should point to "______.kintera.org".
After this is done, you can follow these steps to set up your friendly URL:
1. Go to Communities > Special Events > Friends Asking Friends > Kintera Thon
2. Hover over the Thon name and click Website Info
3. Next to "Friendly Web Address" click the Edit button
4. Choose your friendly domain from the dropdown
5. Click Submit
6. Go back to your main Webinfo Checklist
7. Click Publish This Event Now