Note: code tables cannot be deleted once they are added to your database. Please take extra care to ensure you name and categorize your code table correctly before saving any changes. Additionally, code tables may only be added when creating a new attribute.
A. Add a new attribute:
1. While logged in as a Prospect Manger, go to Administration > Attribute Categories
2. Click Add
3. Enter the Name and select a Record Type from the drop-down menu. Attribute Group is not a required field, though you may select one.
4. Select Code Table as the Data Type.
5. Click on the New Document icon to the right of the Code Table drop-down menu to create a new code table:
a. Enter the Name and then retype the name in the DB Table Name field
b. Enter the Category you would like this code table to be listed under on the Code Tables page
c. Select a Sort Type to determine how the values in your new code table will be sorted
d. After verifying that the information you have entered is exactly as you want it, click Save
6. If desired, mark the Allow only 1 per record checkbox.
7. After verifying that the information you have entered is exactly as you want it, click Save
B. Assign permissions to the code table:
1. Go to Administration > Code Tables
2. Scroll to your new code table and click once to highlight it
3. Click on Assign Permissions
4. Next to each System Role, mark whether you want to grant or deny rights to Add, Edit, and/or Delete values within this code table
5. Click Save
C. Edit the code table with Prospect Manger role:
1. Double click on the name of the Code Table just created
2. Select Add to add a new value. Once added, select Edit to mark a value inactive or change the text, or select Delete to remove a value from the list
3. Click OK to save your changes
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.