- Create a query (BB19082) of the individuals to include in the screening.
Note: All records must have a complete name and email address.
Using the selected records from your query, create a constituent export (BB83120) with the following fields in .csv (comma separated values) format:
- Constituent Import ID
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Address Import ID
- Email Address (one per record)
- Phone Type of Email Address (one per record)
- Create an opt out document to confirm the donor wants to receive emails. For sample wording for the email, refer to the Sample Broadcast Email Wording section below.
- Submit the CSV file and the opt out document via FTP (BB45967), and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample Broadcast Email Wording [The bold formatted text is required, and is the only part of the email that can be changed. Please note that the information following ‘Subject:’ should contain the organization name and a few descriptive words and cannot exceed 55 characters. You can enter a Mission Statement in a 3rd paragraph which cannot exceed 255 characters (including spaces). The Mission Statement is optional (and can cause you to receive fewer matches).]
From: The Center for Excellence <Sample Organization Name>
Subject: The Center for Excellence Email Update
We are in the process of updating our database. Your name and address are in our database, but we would like to know if we have your correct email address.
Email is an inexpensive and effective means to communicate with our constituents and we would like to use it to contact you. However, if you do not wish to receive email from The Center for Excellence, please click here and you will be removed from our mailing list.
We are located at 1414 Evergreen Terrace, Metropolis, IL. To learn more about The Center for Excellence, please visit our website at www.centerforexcellence.org.
We do not send unsolicited email. Should you have any questions about this message, please contact us at 555-555-5555, ext 411or email@example.com.
Thank you for your support and have a great day.