- Log in to the Blackbaud Merchant Services Web Portal https://bbms.blackbaud.com
- From Account Management, click General settings
- From Account Configurations > Click Add configuration
- Create a name for the Test/Demo account that makes is obvious that it will not charge an account such as "Test - DOES NOT CHARGE"
- From the CSC and AVS menu, select the desired levels for testing purposes. (We recommend None to each).
- From the Process Mode menu, select Test or Demo - see notes on Test and Demo below
- Scroll down to select the supported credit card types: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover (U.S. only)
- Click Save.
- You return to the Account configuration page
- Edit your online payment form to use the test configuration created above
- The new account configuration will automatically become available for use in your application if using CRM, RE, Online Express, NetCommunity, and Altru.
- The new configuration will need to be added manually to eTapestry, Luminate Online (via BBPS import), TeamRaiser (via BBPS Import) and OnProducts. Please consult the Blackbaud Payment Services team for assistance.
TEST mode: To use the configuration to test Blackbaud Merchant Services and its connection to your Blackbaud program, select Test.
- Use any card number
- Amount must be $1000.00 or less
- When entering a CSC/CVV (Card Security Code) use: 1111.
DEMO mode: To use the configuration to demonstrate how Blackbaud Merchant Services processes credit card transactions and responses, select Demo. Refer to How to test credit card response codes for Blackbaud Merchant Services for more information.