- Click on Config in The Raiser's Edge
- Click Fields
- Click Honor/Memorial
- Ensure that the all fields except Tribute Type are not marked as Required
- If they are, uncheck the Required box(es)
- The reason why the Tribute record will not link to an Acknowledgee is because even though the Acknowledgee may have a record in The Raiser's Edge, it don't exist on the Relationships tab of the donor's record.
- If the Tribute record will not link, click Add New to create the Relationship record that will enable the tribute to be linked successfully.
- Keep in mind that this will not create a duplicate record in The Raiser's Edge, but rather just add the record to the Relationships tab of the donor
In some situations the following message may appear: "Acknowledgee cannot be the same as Tributee. Relationship was not created." This happens when attempting to process a Tribute where the Tributee is the same as the Acknowledgee. If the Acknowledgee is the tribute (same person), you cannot create a relationship in Raisers Edge since a constituent cannot be related to themselves.
Here are some ways to still process this transaction:
- Create a duplicate record for the constituent so that you can relate the constituent to themselves
- Preferably enter the gift manually into Raisers Edge and delete it from the connector