- Ensure the cursor is inside the Patron search field by clicking inside the search box before scanning the Membership card
- Ensure that the Membership ID or Card number match the card assigned to the patron on the membership record.
- Manually remove the asterisks at the beginning and end of the card number in the patron search screen and attempt to search again
- If this card was generated from a merge document outside of Altru, ensure the merge field is as follows *<<MEMBERSHIP ID>>*
- Note that the above field may also be other scannable fields, such as *<<LOOKUPID>>* or <<CARDNUMBER>>
The following fields require an * outside of the brackets of the merge field:
- Membership ID
- Lookup ID
In addition, bar codes should be in a standard format (3 of 9 font) without any bolding.