- DIY Using Sphere Reporting– Sphere customers can export their data at any time using the available Sphere tools. Clients can export Sphere data using any Sphere report – within Sphere, there is an option to download the report into an Excel file. This option offers the most control over which type(s) of data need to be extracted.
- DIY Sphere Bulk Database Export– There is a bulk export file that customers can run on their own. This process is outlined below.
- No Longer Available
Blackbaud Exports Your Data—For customers who would like assistance exporting Sphere data, Blackbaud offers a Sphere Export service which provides data from all Sphere database tables and is more comprehensive than the above bulk database export, and the files will be placed on a secure FTP for you to access. This type of export is completed by Blackbaud’s Professional Services team and is therefore a paid service. If you are interested in purchasing this type of export, please reach out to your Blackbaud Account Representative, or contact Customer Support before March 1, 2019. Because of the Sphere end of support on March 31, 2019, we will not be able to accommodate last minute requests.
Note: Credit card data, usernames, and passwords are NOT available for export via any of the methods mentioned above for security purposes.How to complete DIY Bulk Database Export:
- Go to Contacts > Database Management > Manage Contacts > Export Data
- Select Generic Plus
- Click Next
- Select the appropriate field type to export
- Choose an appropriate date range
- We suggest working in date ranges of 6 months to 12 months. Based on the number of contacts and amount of data to export, it is recommended to decrease the date range if you are experiencing any problems with the export due to size.
- Click Next
- Enter the description
- Click Export
- Repeat for additional fields and dates as needed.