First, go to Revenue > Blackbaud Payment Service merchant accounts. See if there is an error here.
If the error is Error: The list could not be loaded. Unable to load datalist. The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized, this error can be caused by entering the wrong BBPS credentials. Test this by selecting Edit Blackbaud Payment Service Login, then clicking Test Connection. If the connection fails, reenter the correct credentials under Tasks > Edit Blackbaud Payment Service login. If you still receive the error or don't know the correct credentials, please chat with Merchant Services support.
If the test connection was successful and you use Cybersource as your merchant account, this error can happen when you need to update the Cybersource security key. To resolve it you will need to create a new CyberSource Security key and enter it in Altru by following the steps below:
- Log into the Live CyberSource Business Center
- Select Account Management and Transaction Security Keys
- Choose the option for Security Keys for the SOAP Toolkit API, generate a security key, and Copy the new key
- Log into Altru and go to the Revenue section
- Select Blackbaud Payment Service merchant accounts, highlight the CyberSource account, and select Edit
- Go to the Additional fields tab, highlight the security key, select Edit, and Paste the new key into this field
- Save the changes and enter a test credit card transaction to confirm it completes successfully
In the meantime while getting this issue resolved, you can manually process the cards by following the steps below:
- Log into BBMS or other merchant service account and manually process the cards - Note: This actually charges the credit cards
- Note the Authorization code that is generated from processing the card through merchant services
- Attempt to complete the sale in either Advanced Sales or Daily Sales and manually enter the credit card number along with the authorization code from merchant services