1. Look at the Verify Timecard report (PYTCARD.L##) to see which employee and what type of earning the error is on. Note what the system created for an account number (XX-XX-XX-6110).
2. In Payroll, Setup, Historical Data items, look at the earning item's general ledger option (field 6 of the historical data item). What is the mask?
3. Open Payroll, go to the employee's record and look at the salary or hourly department information (whichever applies). Write down the Dept and the GLA edit values that are defined for an employee.
4. In Payroll, Maintenance, Edit Values, display the edit values that are on the employee record (data item will be .S DEPT / .H DEPT OR .S GLA / .H GLA). What is the mask that is in lookup column 2?
Now all the pieces are gathered. The way the system creates the account number is as follows:
Debit option A on historical data item = looks at the account number in the mask on that item (hist = 01-01-00-6110).
Debit option D = Takes the mask on the historical data item and then fills in any numbers from the department on the employee's record (hist = 01-XX-XX-XX-6110 , dept = 01-01-XX-XXXX, account = 01-01-XX-6110).
Debit option G = Takes the mask on the historical data item and then fills in any numbers from the GLA on the employee's record ( hist = 01-XX-XX-XX-XXXX, gla =XX-XX-XX-6110, account = 01-XX-XX-6110).
Debit option B = Takes the mask on the historical data item and then fills in any numbers from the department and the GLA on the employee's record (hist = XX-XX-XX-XX-XXXX , dept = 01-01-XX-XXXX, gla =XX-XX-00-6110, account = 01-01-00-6110).
5. Correct the item(s) necessary to get a valid account number.
6. Verify timecards. It may be necessary to remove the timecard and reenter it before the changes will verify correctly. Depending on what was changed, it may also be necessary to log out and back into Fundware.
For more specific information on setting up account masks, refer the Payroll/Personnel User Guide, Chapter 8.