- Log into the BBMS Web Portal
- From Transactions, click Transaction Search
- Fill in as much information as possible
- Once the desired search fields have been populated, click Search. If you cannot locate the transaction in the results screen, click Transaction Search again to attempt a new search with less criteria.
- Once you have located the transaction in the search results, click the ellipses then Refund
- Populate the amount you would like to refund in the Refund amount field > click Refund
- A notification will appear on the screen indicating the refund status
- For Direct debit refunds, only the full amount may be credited back.
In the event the Refund button is grayed out, ensure the user has proper permissions to issue a refund or refer to Refund option is missing or grayed out when viewing transactions in Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS).
Note: Credit card refunds must be issued within 180 days from the date of the original transaction after November 9th, 2014. Transactions processed prior to this date must be refunded within 60 days.