- Log into the BBMS Web Portal
- From Transactions, select Transaction search
- Enter criteria to locate the transaction
- Once the desired search fields have been populated, click Search. If unable to locate the transaction in the results screen, click Transaction search again to attempt a new search with less criteria
- In the search results, click the ellipses next to the transaction
- Select Refund
- Populate the amount you would like to refund in the Refund amount field
- Click Refund. A notification will appear on the screen indicating the refund status.
- If applicable, adjust the transaction data in your Blackbaud software to reflect the refund. Refunding in the portal will not automatically update records in your database.
- For Direct debit refunds, only the full amount may be credited back.
In the event the Refund button is grayed out, ensure the user has proper permissions to issue a refund or refer to Refund option is missing or grayed out when viewing transactions in Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS).
Note: Credit card refunds must be issued within 180 days from the date of the original transaction.