Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
Note: The sample file contains all of the required fields. Your actual import file should contain, at a minimum, all of the fields from the sample file. The sample file was tested in version 7.91.5056. Other versions may vary slightly in the available fields.
Although headers are not required in The Raiser's Edge 7, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Raiser's Edge. You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, this example and the sample data file are in CSV format.
- Include the following fields in the data file (for a sample file, refer to step 1 above):
ImportID*, FirstName, LastName, ConsID, SSNum, VAwardDate, VAwardPresentedBy, VAwardPresentWith, VAward, VAwardImpID, VAwardCom
Import ID*, First Name, Last Name, Constituent ID, Social Security Number, Volunteer Award Date, Volunteer Award Presented By, Volunteer Award Presented With, Volunteer Award, Volunteer Award Import ID, Volunteer Award Comments.
- If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
- On the Import page, select Volunteer Award listed under the Constituent subsection. Click New and select the following parameters. For more information on what these parameters mean, refer to How to import in The Raiser's Edge 7 - The Basics of Importing (BB58904).
- What do you want to do? Import new records
- What file to you wish to import? Browse to the import file
- How do you want the system to identify existing constituents? Use the Import ID* (The Constituent ID or SSN will not allow this import to properly complete.)
- What is the format of this import file? Delimited
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Raiser's Edge Field column. Also, pay attention to the Extensions column. Groupings of phone number fields in the import file must share the same extension.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.