This error occurs when the database files have been attached and upgraded to a higher version of SQL Server than the version of SQL Server they are trying to be attached to. In order to resolve this error message complete one of the following steps:
- Attach the database to the version of SQL Server that the database has already been upgraded to.
- Restore to a backup made before the database was updated to the higher version of SQL Server.
An example of the versions of SQL Server mentioned in this type of error message is shown below:
- Version 611/612 - SQL Server 2005
- Version 655 - SQL Server 2008
- Version 660/661 - SQL Server 2008 R2
- Version 706 - SQL Server 2012
- Version 782 - SQL Server 2014
A complete list of which version of SQL Server the number is referred to in the error message can be found here: https://sqlserverbuilds.blogspot.ca/2014/01/sql-server-internal-database-versions.html. For SQL Server version compatibility with the Blackbaud application, review our System Requirements.
Please contact the appropriate software vendor or IT professional for assistance with this process or issue, which is beyond Blackbaud's scope of support.
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist with implementing the resolution from these websites.