Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing (BB135422).
- Open Configuration and click Attributes.
- Create the Faculty/Staff attribute(s).
Note: The attributes must exist in Configuration before they can be added to faculty/staff records.
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
- Include the following fields in your import data file. The fields in bold are required by The Education Edge.
Faculty/Staff Import ID, Attribute Import ID, Attribute Type, Attribute Description, Attribute Date, Comments
* Although headers are not required in The Education Edge, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Education Edge.
In Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeroes. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
- Import the data file using the following parameters:
- Import Type: Faculty/Staff
- What do you want to do? Update existing records
- Options Import records not found as new records
- What file do you want to import? Browse to the import file and use Attributes Import ID to match records in the import file with existing records
- What is the format of this import file? Delimited Characters separate the fields
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Education Edge Field column.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.