Depending on the event's Credit Card Verification Settings, payments may fail if the billing address entered by the donor or participant is partially incorrect. Users can opt to change the initiative's address verification settings to help avoid these kinds of errors while still maintaining a certain level of security on the form.
To make these changes in a Friends Asking Friends Thon event:
- Navigate to the Webinfo Checklist
- Click Website Features
- Scroll to the bottom and locate Credit Card Options
- select 'Require either address or zip/postal code verification'
- Click Save
- Update the event on the checklist
- If "Require both address and zip/postal code verification" is enabled, consider choosing "Require address or zip/postal code verification"
- Save and update your event
- Verify on the Webinfo Checklist that the event is in Active mode. If the event is still in Preview, live credit cards will not be accepted.
- See our article How to research payment information - if a failed transaction ID is generated for the payment, a Support Analyst can research to pinpoint the reason for failure.