For a transaction in a Thon event, this can be done as follows:
- Communities > Special Events > Friends Asking Friends > Kintera Thon.
- Highlight the event’s name and then select Bookkeeping.
- Under Edit Transactions, click Manage Initiative Records.
- If you are deleting a registration, for Show Me verify that the Participants option is selected. If you are deleting a donation, select the Donors option.
- Search for the participant or donor, or click Show All to display all participants of the Thon event.
- Click Edit for the participant or donor for whom you want to reverse the transaction.
- Select the Delete Record from Initiative tab.
- Click Delete record from event and reverse transaction.
- Click Chargeback to reconcile the transaction
- For Reasons, select one of the following options:
- Click Customer Dispute if the reason for the refund is because the participant believes, and can prove, that the charge is not valid.
- Click Duplicate Payment to refund a payment if it was duplicated.
- Click Correction to refund a payment to correct an error made when the payment was entered into the database.
- Click Other if none of the above selections adequately clarify the reason for the refund.
- For Description, enter detailed information describing the reason for the refund, up to 250 alphanumeric characters.
- Click Submit.
Provide the following information:
- Screenshot of error message
- Screenshot of Delete Record from Initiative window before receiving the error
- Steps taken right before receiving the error
- Event/Form Name
- Event/Form URL
- Donor/Registrant Name
- Donor/Registrant Supporter ID
- Donor/Registrant Payment ID