Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Prior to importing, we suggest marking Validate Now on the General tab.: Validating the data will not import the information in the system. This is a test run of the import.
For more information on how to import, refer to How to Import into The Financial Edge. (BB73785)
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
View a sample data file (advdepsamp.csv) which imports an advance deposit to a particular student record.
- You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the sample data file is in CSV format (BB11254).
- *Although headers are not required in The Education Edge, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Education Edge. You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the example and the sample data file are in CSV format.
- Verify the file has following required fields (any additional fields can be included in the import as well):
- Record ID or Record Import ID
- Transaction Date
- Due Date
- Billing Item ID
- Note: Depending on the setup of your database, the following fields may also be required:
- Distribution Credit Account Number
- Distribution Percentage
- In Administration > click Import.
- Click Advance Deposit(below Advance Deposit)
- Mark Import new records on the General tab.
- Browse to the CSV file in the Import file field
- For the Use field, select either Record ID or Record Import ID depending on what is in the csv file
- Select the File Layout tab and and select the Import File does not contain field names option ONLY if your import file does not have header. If your Import File contains the field names, mark Fields names are on the first line of the import file.
- Select the Fields tab and map the fields
- Save the import parameters.
- Click Validate now (if we marked Validate data only on the general tab) or Import Now