Sign into the server as a local administrator and reset permissions to the FundWare Data folder and registry:
To reset permissions on the hard drives:
1. From Start, run or explore, browse to the C:\ and D:\ drives and right-click on them.
2. In Properties, verify the power users have Write access to the drives. C:\ designates the OS drive and D:\ designates the applications drive.
3. Browse to your Fundware directory and right-click on it, and select Properties.
4. Select the Security tab and make sure the Power Users group is listed in the top box. If it is not, click on Add and add the group.
5. Select the group in the top box and in the lower box, verify Modify and Read are both checked under Allow.
6. Click on Advanced and at the bottom of the screen, check the box Reset permissions on Child Objects.
7. Click Apply.
8. Click Yes to the question that pops up.
9. Once permissions are reset, click OK, then OK again.
To reset permissions in the registry:
1. Select Start, Run.
2. Type: RegEdt32 (Note: there is no I in edt).
3. Click OK.
4. Open the Registry.
5. Select HK_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, FUNDWARE.
6. Right-click FundWare and go to PERMISSIONS. If you cannot right click, or PERMISSIONS is not an option, look at the menu bar and select SECURITY, PERMISSIONS.
7. Follow the steps above for resetting permissions on local drives.
8. Reset permissions on the Micro Focus and ODBC keys as well, following the local drive steps for each key.
9. Close the registry and launch FundWare.