- Open SQL Management Studio on The Raiser's Edge SQL Server
- Expand Security>Logins
- Locate and right click on REUser
- Select Properties from the menu
- Click User Mapping from the left hand column
- Confirm whether this user is mapped to the current database. If the user is not mapped to the current database proceed with the next step.
- Expand the database for which the REUser should be added
- Expand Security>Users
- If the REUser is listed, right click and select Delete and proceed to delete the user, and schema if applicable
- Navigate back to Security>Logins
- Right click on REUser and select Properties
- Select User Mapping
- Mark the box for map next to the database in question
- Ensure dbo_owner and public are marked for roles
- Click OK
- Repeat for REUser_ReadOnly
Change Server Authentication for the Microsoft SQL Server instance to "SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode"
(For more information on how to change your SQL server's authentication mode, please see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188670.aspx)
After making this modification, you will need to restart the instance, then complete resolution option "A" above once again.