The user has not been made a power user on the server. Please note the following steps to assist with the proper security settings for FundWare servers.
Power User Group Settings
In order to run FundWare, your users must be power users on the FundWare server. If you have an Active Directory Organizational User (ADOU) Group for your accounting users, you will make it a member of the local Power Users group.
Note: If there is not an ADOU group, you will need to make the individual users power users on the server. NOTE: If the FundWare server is a Domain Controller you will not have the Local Users and Groups option. Refer to system requirements documentation that states we do not support FundWare on a Domain Controller!
- Right click on My Computer and select Manage, Local Users and Groups, Groups.
- Double-Click the Power Users group.
- Add your ADOU to this group.
Power users will need to have the following rights on the drives on your server. Reset permissions on the drives and FundWare folder, applying to child objects:
- “Read, Write and Execute” on C* and D** drives.
- “Modify” rights on the D:FundWare Folder
- C drive designates the default setting for the operating system drive.
- D drive designates a secondary partition used for applications and third party products
Local Security Policy Changes
Power users need to have the following changes to the Local Security Policies. Click on Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment:
1. Add the Power Users Group to the following policies:
- Access this computer from network
- Load and Unload Device Drivers
- Log on Locally (Windows 2000 servers)
- Allow Log on Locally (Windows 2003 servers)
- Log on through Terminal Services (Windows 2003 servers only)
2. Insure your power users group is NOT listed in the following policies:
- Deny Logon Locally
- Deny Logon through Terminal Services
- Shut Down the System
Terminal Services Permissions - Server
- From Start, click Programs, Administrative Tools, Terminal Services Configuration.
- Double click on the RDP-Tcp Icon
- Select the Permissions tab and add the Power Users Group
- Give the Power Users group Full Control
Terminal Services Permissions – Local PC
- Right click on the users FundWare Remote Desktop icon and select “Edit”
- Select the “Local Resources” tab
- Under “Local Devices”, unmark the Printers checkbox.
Active Directory Users and Computers
For each FundWare user, in Active Directory, make sure the checkbox on the Terminal Services Profile Tab is NOT marked which will deny log on to any Terminal Server.
Virus Protection and Spy Ware
1. Background system scans are fine to run on the FundWare server
- the FundWare and MSSQL Folders from the background scans
- Setup a scheduled scan for either the entire system or for the two folders excluded above (FundWare and MSSQL)
2. Do not install SpyWare software on the FundWare server. SpyWare has been known to mistake our programs as being spyware and deletes them.