- Select Report Manager, General Ledger-Project/Grant from the Module drop-down menu, and Revenue Expense Reports from the Report Category.
- Enter a Report Name and Title.
- For Report Type, select X from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Columns tab.
- Select A for Actual Amount under 'Add column'.
Note the instructions below to define the relative year(s).
The following is a Report type X that is set up to cross fiscal years. It has columns for 3 months. The setup assumes the fiscal year ends on 12/31 and the user wants to run a report in February showing the last 3 month periods.
The report needs to be set up based on when the user plans to run it.
- Columns C and D are the easiest to logically figure out.
- C is for January; one month less than February, which is why the first and last periods have minus 1.
- D is for February, which is the current month, so the first and last periods have 0.
- B is for December. Since the report is being run in February, December is 10 months in the future. (thus the 10 in first and last period) It is the "relative year" field of -1 that is telling it to pick up the prior fiscal year.
This is hard to sometimes figure logically. To help see what is happening when setting up these reports, have the title print the period ending date (which below is designated by the @8). That way if something is not appearing in a column, you can see from the heading which month it is really trying to pull.
You can take any current reports and copy them to another name. Then just take the existing columns and modify the 1st and last periods.
ID type............: A - Financial Reporting System Changed.: 01/22/2004
Report name....: GEEX1 Report type..X User....: 00101
1) Title..........: 3 month report February
Report group...: Lines per page.. 60
Select dim.....: 0
Include attrs..: / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
Exclude attrs..: / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
Phrase 1.......: Excess Revenue Over (Under) Expenditures
Attributes.....: .../.../.../RE /EX /...
.......Break........ Desc .......Report....... Act Desc Sub
Level 1........: 1 D 1 2-3 4 S S D
Level 2........: D S S D
Level 3........: D S S D
Level 4........: D S S D
Level 5........: D S S D
2) System information
Source.........: U - User defined
Maintain.......: U - User maintained
3) Col Type Oper/Item Per Rel Yr/1st-Lst Print
=== ================================== ========== === ============== =====
A D - Account number and description. A 50
Account # and Description /
B A - Actual amount. 6 -1 10 - 10 A 14
C A - Actual amount. 6 0 -1 - -1 A 14
D A - Actual amount. 6 0 0 - 0 A 14