- Create a new payment Query.
- On the Criteria tab, select the necessary fields to group these payments together.
- On the Output tab, expand Basic Payment Properties and select Payment Import ID.
- Expand Student Billing Payment and select Comment.
- Export the results of this query in .CSV format.
- Open the exported .CSV file and enter the comment to add to the group of payments under the Comment heading.
- Copy the cell where the comment is entered, select the remaining empty cells under the Comment heading, and paste the comment to all cells.
- Save and close the file and ensure that the format stays in .CSV format.
- In Administration, select Import records.
- Import the data file using the following parameters:
- Import Type: Payment
- What do you want to do? Update existing records
- What file do you want to import? Browse to the import file and use Payment Import ID to match records in the import file with existing records
- What is the format of this import file? Delimited Characters separate the fields
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Financial Edge Field column. If not, manually map them.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.
- Click Import Now
For more information, refer to How to import into The Financial Edge - The Basics of Importing (BB73785).