If you only need to reflect the date in General Ledger, you can reverse the trace report in General Ledger on the incorrect date and then reverse the newly created trace report on the correct date.
The Check and obligation can be cancelled or voided in Accounts Payable under the incorrect date. This will also reverse the incorrect journal entries that was made to General Ledger/Project Grant.
1. Log into Fundware with the incorrect date.
2. From Accounts Payable, click Open, select the Paid folder under the bank.
3. Click on the check(s) to be voided to highlight.
4. Click the Void button.
5. In the Void Checks window, verify the correct check number(s) are listed and click Post.
6. You will receive confirmation that the trace report was successfully created.
7. The obligation(s) for these check(s) will return to the Invoice folder.
a. If the obligation(s) need to be paid with a date later than the wrong date, change the business date and reprocess the obligation(s).
b. If the obligation(s) need to be paid with a date prior to the wrong date,
-click on the obligation(s) to highlight
-click on Void, click Ok, and the obligation(s) will go to the Voided folder under the Invoice folder.
-click on the Voided folder, verify the obligation(s) are the ones needed to be voided, and click on Post
8. Re-enter the P.O. or Invoice under the correct date. A new obligation number will be assigned and processing can continue in a logical date order. Check numbers can be reused, so the same check number can be assigned to the new obligation.