First, add the dimensions in GL/Maintenance/Dimensions that will be used in the new account numbers.
Directions on how to use Account Builder to add accounts:
- In The General Ledger, select Accounts, Account Builder.
- Select the ID type to which you are adding accounts.
- Select the Account Status for the new accounts.
- Select the dimension that the program will use to create the account description.
- Select the Grid Display radio button to determine how the dimension values will display.
- Click the column heading to display the dimension value selection window.
- Select the individual check boxes for each dimension value or select multiple check boxes. Click OK and your entry is added to the grid.
- Continue selecting values for each dimension. As you make your selections, entries are added to the grid reflecting all possible combinations.
- Click to validate accounts.
- Once accounts are validated successfully, the Generate Accounts button is available and the accounts can be created.