This message indicates that you have set a posting window. This is a number that represents the number of days you can continue to post to the general ledger/project grant since the last closed period.
Example: Ending date of last closed period: 9/30/2003
Posting Window: 15
Business Date: 10/15/2003 - System will allow posting.
Business Date: 10/16/2003 - System will not allow posting. This date is outside of the posting window range.
To resolve this you can do any one of the following:
1. Change your business date to a date within the posting window.
2. Turn off the posting window.
3. Increase the number of days in the posting window.
4. Close a more recent period to data entry.
To turn off or adjust the posting window:
1. Using the Modules bar or the Menu bar, select General Ledger/Project Grant -> Maintenance -> Global Settings.
2. Change the number to 0 if you do not want to use the Posting Window feature, or increase the number of days to make the window longer.
3. Click Ok.
To close a period to data entry:
1. Using the Modules bar or the Menu bar, select General Ledger/Project Grant -> Period Processing.
2. Select your ID type from the drop-down menu.
3. Click Close Next Period to Data Entry.
4. Click Ok.