Records can become locked when a user is in the process of changing or modifying an order in Accounts Receivable or when entering a Cash Receipt. A locked record is the result of a Fundware sql table showing the record still in use. In order to clear Accounts Receivable locks you can run 'ClearARLocks.exe'.
Note that a record can also appear locked if the user is on a business date earlier than an invoice was created.Please make a back up of the database before proceeding and ensure no one is in Accounts Receivable or Cash Receipts in the division in question.
To unlock all records:
For versions 7.20 and above:
1. On the server, select Start, Run.
2. Click Browse.
3. Browse to FundWare\7.xx\Bin\ClearARLocks.exe. (where XX is your version number)
4. Click Open.
5. Add the following, after a space, to the run line at the end of the path: /d## (where ## is the appropriate division number).
***For example the run box will show C:\FundWare\7.60\Bin\ClearARLocks.exe /d02. Click OK.
6. This brings up a black DOS window.
7. The screen shows the number of rows affected.
8. Exit the command prompt and continue working in FundWare.
For versions 7.15 - 7.17:
On the server open a command prompt.
Then type in at the C prompt:
1>use AFW## (## is the division number you are working in)
1>delete from entityinstancelock
The screen will show the number of rows affected. Exit command prompt and continue working in Fundware.