We suggest doing the steps below first in a test division. Once the data items are created, you can process a payroll to verify the new items calculate correctly.
If they do calculate correctly, create the new data items in your live division to use in your next payroll.
If they do not calculate correctly, contact Support for assistance.
1. Print a Setup List:
a. Launch Report Manager.
b. At Module, select Payroll/Personnel.
c. At Report Category, select Master Records List.
d. Double click the report named PYSETUP - Setup List.
e. At Report From set the option to Toolbox. This will print data items in the toolbox.
f. If you select the option of System, it will print data items you already have in your division.
g. At Data Items set the option to All.
h. Click OK.
2. Review the report that is produced and look for a data item that has a similar setup to the type of data item that will be added. Make a note of the name of this data item.
3. Setup the new data item:
a. Select Payroll, Setup, Historical Data Items.
b. Select A to Add.
c. At Data Item, type the name of the new data item.
d. If the item you want is in the toolbox and not on your system, At Use Data Item, select a data item name from the toolbox. (F1 will show available options).
e. If the item you want is similar to one already on your system, At Copy Data Item, enter the name of the data item you selected from the Setup List in step 2.
f. Edit fields as necessary for the new data item.
4. If you created the new historical data item using the USE function, the system will set up any necessary employee data items. It may need to be edited depending on what it is used for. You need to look at the calculation lines for the historical data item to figure out the name of the employee data item, then add the employee data item to the employee master.
If you created the new historical data item using the COPY function:
1. You need to setup a new employee data item to go with the new historical data item. If you display the employee data item for the historical data item that you copied from, you can view how it is setup, and then duplicate the setup for this new employee data item.
2. In field 8, usually line 100 or 110 of the new historical data item, replace the copied employee data item with the name of the new employee data item you just setup.
3. Add the new employee data item to the employee master.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.