To set up a company or pyramid structure within a Thon event site
Starting point: You are logged into Sphere.
Step 1: Create an event group
- Select Control > Administration > Organization Setup > Manage Event Group.
- In the Manage Event Groups page, select Event Groups and then click Action.
Note: For the Action button to be available, your account must not be a child account.
- Select New Event Group.
- In the New Initiative Group pop-up window, perform the following steps:
- For Name, enter a name for the event group.
- For Type, select Kintera Thon.
- Click Submit.
- Verify that the new event group is added to the Event Groups list.
- Create a pyramid/company structure as described below.
- In the Manage Event Groups page, select the event group and then click Action.
- Select New Pyramid Structure.
- In the resulting pop-up window, perform the following steps:
- For New Level, enter the level’s name (for example, Company) and then click Add.
- Add as many pyramid levels as you need.
- Click Submit.
- Create team groups as described below.
- In the Manage Event Groups page, select the event and then click Action.
- Select Add/Edit Team Groups.
- In the New Team Group pop-up window, perform the following steps:
- For New Team Group, enter the name of the team group and then click Add (for example, Eastern Division).
- Add as many team groups as you need.
Note: If you want to delete a group, select it and then click Delete. If you want to modify the information you enter for a group, click where you want to make changes, and then make the change.
- Click Submit.
- Create a Thon event as described below.
Important: When you set up the Complete Initiative Information page when creating the Thon event site, after selecting the Fund be sure to select the event group in the Event Group field to associate the site with the event group. This is a very important step in creating a company pyramid/structure.
- Perform Steps 1 and 2 in Create a basic Thon event site.
- When done, create a committee as described below.
- Select Communities > Special Events > Friends Asking Friends > Kintera Thon.
- Highlight the event’s name and then select Event Admin.
The Event Admin page appears.
- For Event Planning, click Setup and Manage Event Committees.
- In the All Committees page, click New Committee.
- In the New Committee pop-up window, perform the following steps:
- For Committee Name, enter a name for the committee. If you do not have a committee, enter a generic name such as General Committee.
- Select the Executive Committee check box if you want to differentiate between multiple committees. Check this box only if this committee is the Executive.
- Click Submit.
- Verify that the new committee is added to the All Committees page.
- Click the radio button for new committee and then click Show Roles.
- In the Roles page, click New Role.
- Select the check box to choose roles for the committee members and then click Submit.
Note: If the role you want to assign is not in the list, click New Role to create one.
- Verify that the new role is added to the Roles page.
- Add members to roles by creating committee members as described below.
- In the Roles page, click the radio button for the role and then click Show Members.
Note: If the Roles page is not currently displayed, select Communities > Special Events > Friends Asking Friends > Kintera Thon. Highlight the event’s name and click Event Admin. In the Event Admin page, click Setup and Manage Event Committees. In the All Committees page, click the radio button for the committee name, and then click Show Roles.
- In the Members page, click New Member.
- In the All Individuals Contacts window, click New Member or search for an existing individual to add to the committee.
- In the New Committee Member page, complete the required fields to add the committee member to the database and to assign the member a committee role.
- Click Submit.
- Verify that the member is added to the Members list.
- Enter data into the pyramid/company structure as described below.
- Click Event Admin in the Breadcrumb.
- In the Event Admin page for the event, click Manage Company Pyramid listed under Recruitment.
Note: If the Event Admin page is not currently displayed, select Communities > Special Events > Friends Asking Friends > Kintera Thon. Then, highlight the event’s name and click Event Admin.
- In the Company Pyramid page, highlight New and then select the first pyramid/company structure you created.
- In the resulting page, click New.
- Complete all required fields in the company/pyramid page as follows:
- For Name to appear on website, enter the name you want site visitors to see when they visit the event site. For example, if a company is the top level of your pyramid you would add the company’s name.
- For Owner, select the committee member you created in step 6. The owner does not appear on the Web site.
- Click Company to open the Search Company page so that you can search for the company, or create it.
Note: When you select the company, its name and Supporter ID will be added to the appropriate fields.
- In Leader Information, complete the required fields for the team’s leader. This information will appear on the Web site’s group page. For Company, you will be prompted to select an existing company from the database or create a new one to associate as the company's leader.
- Select the Would you like to send this individual a registration email… check box if you want to send a registration confirmation email to the group leader. You will need to enter the recipient’s email address. Use this option to prevent duplicate company leader registrations. The email information you provide here is important. If the group leader forgets this information in the future, you can resend it.
- Select the Would you like to set up a team for this leader? check box if you want to set up a team that will be organized under the team leader. Use this option to associate multiple roles for the company leader with one Supporter ID.
Note: If you select any of these options, a confirmation email will be sent to the new company leader and it will include a username and password for the company leader to use to access their Headquarters (HQ) page. If, in the future, the company leader forgets this username and password information, you can always access and resend it.
- Click Submit.
The new company/level appears in the pyramid. Click the company level and details for the company pyramid will be displayed in the right pane of the page. Click the right arrow next to the last name (for example, Leader) to view the username and password information sent to the leader. If you need to resend this information later, this is where to acquire it.
- Close the window.
- Enable teams as described below.
- Click Kintera Thon in the Breadcrumb.
- Highlight the event’s name, and select Website Info.
- In the Event Website Creation Checklist page, click Website Features under Event Customization.
- In the Website Features page, make the following selections:
- Select the check box for Event Teams.
- Click any of the Users… options for Event Teams.
- Select the Show the ranking of top teams check box to show the Group Rank and Team Rank boxes on the event site.
- Click Save.
- Click Webinfo Checklist in the Breadcrumb.
- Verify that Website Features includes a check mark.
- Update and preview the site as described below, and then launch the site when you are ready to make it available on the Internet.
Step 9: Update and preview the Thon event site
- In the Event Website Creation Checklist page, click Preview for Actions.
- Click Update Your Event Now.
- Confirm that you want to update the event.
- For Web address, click Go.
- Confirm that you want to preview the event page.
The event page opens, showing the Group Rank and Team Rank boxes to indicate that you have successfully set up the pyramid structure. Note: After you successfully set up the company pyramid, group leaders can administer it via their headquarters by clicking Manage Company Pyramid on the Tools tab. The Manage Company Pyramid link will not be added to the Tools tab for teams who are below the group leader’s team level.