For clients on 7.40 and earlier, run the following SQL script in DOS:
- Open DOS by clicking Start, Run and entering CMD.
- At the DOS prompt, enter osql -E and note the space between OSQL and -E.
- At the 1> prompt, enter: sp_dropdevice 'newdivision.bak'
- At the 2> prompt, enter: go
- You should get a message that the device has been dropped.
- Go back into Division Maintenance and try adding the new division.
For clients on 7.50 and later:
- Click on Start, Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Studio Management Express.
- Log into Studio Management Express with Windows Authentication
- Expand Server Objects, Backup Devices
- Delete NewDivision towards the bottom of the list.
- Close Studio Management Express and add the new division in FundWare.