Ensure the code is in proper format according to Google's specifications.
As part of the July 2014 Sphere release a new section replaced the Google Analytics snippet box under Website Design/Front Page Customization to correlate with Google Analytics Universal to funnel data.
To utilize this portion of Google Analytics in your Kintera Thon:
- Navigate to Communities >Special Events >Friends Asking Friends >Kintera Thon
- Hover over your event and select Website Info
- Under Add Ons, click Google Analytics to open the Google Analytics page.
- In the Google Analytics Code Snippet text box, paste the code. If there’s existing code in the text box and you want to replace it, select the existing code and then paste the new code.
- Note: If you plan to configure destination goals and funnels, the snippet you use must be associated with a property you add to your account specifically for the event website. For detailed information about accounts and properties, refer to the Google Analytics help documentation.
- Under Google Destination Goals, select a form that corresponds to the goal you want to create
- Copy the Destination Goal URL and paste it into your Google Analytics account. For information about how to add a destination goal to your account, refer to the Google Analytics help documentation.
- To specify pages for the goal funnel, copy the step URLs under URLs and paste them into your Google Analytics account. For information about how to add funnel steps to your account, refer to the Google Analytics help documentation.
- Repeat steps 6 through 8 for each destination goal you want to add.
- Click Save.
- If you use the event template functionality, select whether to allow child events to modify the Google Analytics information and click Save and Update Child Events. If you select Allow child events to modify this section, the snippet code you enter will not appear in the child events. If you do not select it, the Google Analytics code snippet you enter will appear and the Google Analytics section will not be accessible in child events.
- To view the code snippet in each Web site page, preview the site in a browser and then select View > Source if you are using Internet Explorer (see example figure below). The code snippet is within the <body> tag of all site pages. It may be easier to search for a specific word to locate the Google Analytics code snippet.
- Return to the Webinfo Checklist and click Publish This Event Now